Monday, March 23, 2009

"What is a Blog," by my big brother Ron,who used to be a pollyblog

I think I finally figured it out. I didn’t ask my grandkids by golly, I figured out myself! Ribet, ribet, ribet ! What is that ribet sound? I don’t know, it sounds like it is coming from the fishpond. Oh wait a minute I know what it is, it is a blog. A blog? Yes a bull blog. I remember last spring when the pond was full of tadboles, now they have become blogs. Some of them will actually become bull-blogs. I remember long ago when Uncle Walt and I used to go to the Sportsmen’s Inn in Costa Mesa. We always had some drinks and then a great meal of pasta with red sauce and blog legs, uhm good! I still recall play leap blog with my cousins and neighbors do you? You may wonder how I became a handsome prince. You don’t know but I used to be a bull blog. One day a beautiful lady in a long dress carrying a stick with sparkles on the end came up to me ( I thought she was going to hit me with the stick) but no she bent over and kissed me. Ta dhum I became the handsome prince you now know and love, you do love me don’t you? After all, I am a handsome prince. I saw the lady some time later and felt so sad. Her face was covered with warts yuk! Turns out, she was not the sweet fairy lady we thought. She was a wanton wench running around the countryside kissing every blog she could find. How disgusting and to think I used to want to marry her. Do you know the song “ a bloogy day, in ole Londontown”? Last time I was in San Francisco the blog was thicker than pea soup! I think I had more to tell you but my mind is getting a bit bloggy! Ha, and you thought I needed to ask my grandchildren what a blog is, ha

1 comment:

  1. Too funny! You two both inherited a gift of writing . . . and maybe the gift of gab (or blarney, as the case may be.)

    Bloggingly yours . . .

    ReplyDelete